Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Theo_Huisman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Process WRUN32 stays running after a crash or closing by the taskmanager

The problem is: When the wrun32 application is crashed or closed by the task manager a part of wrun32.exe is still running. (64-bit W2008-R2)

Normally causes a crashed runtimer no problem, because the user starts a new one, but a crashed runtimer in a lock situation will result in a read-lock error (status 99) for all users !!!!!!

In a terminal server environment it is hard to determine which wrun32 causes a lock-situation when the user did not report a crash. In this case the customer has 25 users and at least the same amount of wrun32 processes.

The Help-desk could not help me with this MICROSOFT problem,

Who can help me with a solution for this problem ?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Process WRUN32 stays running after a crash or closing by the taskmanager

Are you using a mapped drive as the way that all users read / write / update the data files? If so, consider using AcuServer.

0 Likes
Theo_Huisman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, we do.

In my opinion AcuServer handles only the data, but what does AcuServer with the remaining part of WRUN32 responsible for  locking that data ??

Even on my single user notebook (64 bit W7 Pro) gives the same problem!

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

AcuServer does the all of the data I/O including locking. ... There are a lot of articles in the knowledge base that deal with having data on a shared drive ....

community.microfocus.com/.../17516.opportunistic-locking.aspx

microfocus.telligenthosting.net/.../1211.aspx

Also, are you using this configuration variable ... NT_OPP_LOCK_STATUS

This configuration variable controls how files on a shared drive are opened if you are working in the Windows opportunistic locking mode. NT_OPP_LOCK_STATUS can take one of four values: CREATEFILE, SAFE, GETFILETYPE, or FAST. The default value is "SAFE", which is a synonym for "CREATEFILE".

If you set this variable to "GETFILETYPE" or "FAST" (synonyms for each other), the runtime uses the fast method of opening files.

Foe shared drive access it should be set to FAST.

0 Likes
RubenTenerife
New Member.

If I'm not working in Windows opportunistic locking mode, does this variable any effect in the speed process?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

No.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.