Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RMNET libary routines in Linux

Jump to solution

This is a followup to a previous inquiry about the RMNET library routines:

http://community.microfocus.com/microfocus/cobol/extend_and_acucobol/f/20/t/10648.aspx

In that thread I included a test program which I could have sworn worked on Feb. 14, 2014. But it doesn't work today, so I'm puzzled. My CALL "NetInit" statement is landing in the ON EXCEPTION block.

We're running the static library build from acucob921pmk60st.tar.gz. My understanding back in February was that the static library build would include the RMNET routines, so we would not have to load the RMNET library by using the runcbl command's -y option.

Obviously I'm missing something. Any idea what's needed to use the RMNET library routines from the static library build of ACUCOBOL 9.2.1 in Linux?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: RMNET libary routines in Linux

Jump to solution

A static port should be able to load a shared library. So if install both in different directories, the static runtime should be able to use the -y to load the RMNet shared libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

To my knowledge, the RMNET routines are only in the shared library builds and not in the static builds.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Interesting. So what would that mean in terms of deployment? Can we deploy the share libraries alongside our existing static library build? Or would we have to switch exclusively to the shared library build?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

A static port should be able to load a shared library. So if install both in different directories, the static runtime should be able to use the -y to load the RMNet shared libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thank you. I will try this before end of day today and will hopefully be able to mark this answered!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Yes, that worked. The static runtime can load the RMNET shared library using the -y flag, and the library routine calls work. Thank you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.