Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

RMNet HTTPPut REST API Application

I have successfully used RMNet and HTTPPost commands to complete some integrations.  I have a new integration request and this one does not use HTTPPost, they are using the REST web service and HTTPPUT and HTTPGET commands.  I can issue a HTTPGET successfully and I am connecting, etc, but the PUT is not part of RMNet.  What other workarounds can I consider for communicating via REST and PUT commands?  The POST command is denied on the end server... when I attempt it, I get a result returned that says "No protocol for POST commands."... I tried just, even though their documentation states POST commands are not allowed.  I am not sure what other options I have with AcuCobol-GT to allow me to use the PUT command.  

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: RMNet HTTPPut REST API Application

Tom Morrison commented about this in the forum article here - https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Extend-and-AcuCOBOL-Forum/PrestaShop/m-p/1726138#19757

If you find that you also need to use the HTTP PUT and DELETE verbs, you can use cURL from CALL "SYSTEM".

Perhaps that is an alternative solution you can use.

---
Martin Turner
Product Support Engineer
Micro Focus
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.