Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
alicetan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ROLLBACK FEATURE ON MULTIPLE PROGRAM

Hi All, 

I am now working on the rollback features into my program. 

I am facing a problem that if my program involve more than sub program, then the rollback seem is not works for the sub program if the failure is from the main program. 

For example, 

1) Program A is calling Program A-1. 

2) Program A-1 is running successfully. 

3) Program A is having failure on one of the file after calling Program A-1. 

4) Rollback is rollback whatever save in Program A, but can the program A-1 data also be rollback when Program A fail. 

Thanks You. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ROLLBACK FEATURE ON MULTIPLE PROGRAM

Rollback is rollback whatever save in Program A, but can the program A-1 data also be rollback when Program A fail.

Yes, The Start Transaction / Commit Transaction and Rollback Transaction are programmed by you, and they relate to a file or multiple file operations. So if ProgA changes a record, ProgA-1 changes a record, as long as a Commit on those files are not done, the rollback should rollback the file changes from ProgA-1 and ProgA.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.