Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Bluer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remote compiling on HP-UX server using AcuBench

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using AcuBench on Window to write my code and supposedly I want to compile the file program (.cbl) on the HP-UX server, do I need to have ACUCOBOL-GT Dev Sys product key and license for both the Window pc and HP-UX server or it is enough just to have the product key and license for HP-UX?

Since I am getting this error:

License file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\extend 10.1.0\AcuGT\bin\ccbl32.alc' inaccessible

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Remote compiling on HP-UX server using AcuBench

Jump to solution
In order to compile with AcuBench you need a Development System license on that PC. The compile operation takes place in AcuBench on that PC, not on the server. Then you can FTP transfer the object files to the server. On the HP-UX server you will need the Runtime license.
Do you want to pre-compile the source on the HP-UX server, like for embedded SQL?
If so then you'll need the Boomerang product and its license on the HP-UX server. Boomerang automates the transfer of the source to the server, precompile, transfer back, compile and lastly transfer the object file to the server. Contact your Micro Focus Account Manager for information about ordering Boomerang.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Remote compiling on HP-UX server using AcuBench

Jump to solution
In order to compile with AcuBench you need a Development System license on that PC. The compile operation takes place in AcuBench on that PC, not on the server. Then you can FTP transfer the object files to the server. On the HP-UX server you will need the Runtime license.
Do you want to pre-compile the source on the HP-UX server, like for embedded SQL?
If so then you'll need the Boomerang product and its license on the HP-UX server. Boomerang automates the transfer of the source to the server, precompile, transfer back, compile and lastly transfer the object file to the server. Contact your Micro Focus Account Manager for information about ordering Boomerang.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.