Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Reporting back on Multiple monitors

Using multiple monitors MF have provided a patch for run time 10.0.1  (4431) to get this work properly, you can start the parent window in monitor 1 and shift it to monitor 2 or 3 etc, and the child windows will populate in those monitors as long as the Display floating window has and absolute line and column or screen line screen column control, line  or column  added. Our applications do not use these controls, when the child is opened it is centered on the parent window. so when we would move the parent window to a 2nd or 3rd monitor our child windows would always open in Monitor 1. We have 1500 screen programs and this would have been a huge maintenance nightmare, so I reported this to Micro Focus they sent me a new patch for this (4433). Now all is well wherever you move the Parent window all child windows appear with the Parent window. Another request from our customers is to have the last location remembered so when the Parent window is launched the next time it will have all the same settings from the last session, size, etc.. Other in this post have given some ideas on this subject, and I working on fulfilling this request and will be glad to report back on this forum of my solution. To those who have responded I thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.