Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Lourens Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Runtime has stopped working

I am trying to figure out why I get the error message "extend 32-bit Runtime has stopped working".

We use the 9.12 runtime.

I ran a trace file and the last entries before the error occurs is as follows :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS1: write (thread 673)
VPINT003.PAY: next (thread 673)
>>>key 0 = ' 1205301 '
VPINT003.PAY: close (thread 673)
translating ("VPINT003.PAY", INDEX, 0) -> "VPINT003.vix"
closing index segment (#0): VPINT003.vix
>>Header accesses: 502 updates, 503 locked reads, 0 unlocked reads
>>0 unlocked reads waited for update, 0 unlocked reads retried
closing data segment (#0): VPINT003.PAY
PS1: close (thread 673)
>>>trying alias = PS1
Set parameter 'DLL_CONVENTION' to 1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS1 is the output file variable value of a report composer report.

VPINT003.PAY is an indexed file.

The following code appears after the last statement in an earlier part of the trace file  :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set parameter 'DLL_CONVENTION' to 1   

Routine 'AcuBenchPrintDummy' loaded from DLL 'AcuBenchPrint.dll'
>>>trying alias = PS1
PS1: open output (thread 673)
>>>trying alias =
>>>>trying PS1
-->return passed data
>>>>trying PS1
>>>>trying PS1
-->return passed data
-->return passed data

--------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Also, this problem only occurs on 1 of the three workstations that we use for testing.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Runtime has stopped working

I haven't seen this before. Does the workstation where the error happens have the same version of Internet Explorer as the other two? Also, check out the default printer, is the default printer set up to print or something else.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.