Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Runtime wrun32 with no license

Jump to solution

I ve noticed that many business customer and users have no license for running acucobol-gt applications. how that is possible? as a programmer its my duty to help against piracy. does anyone know how I can protect my copyrights?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Runtime wrun32 with no license

Jump to solution

I don't know who your Account Manager is but if you send a message via the 'Contact Us' page it will get to the right person:  www.microfocus.com/.../contactus.aspx

Make sure to select 'Sales' in the 'Contact Enquiry Type' field.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Are these customers using Thin client? With Thin client the license is on the server not on the client. You can look at the compiler option --brand

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

compiler option --brand serial#       Causes the compiler to embed the specified value into the object file. serial# is a separate argument of up to 20 characters. When you specify this option and a value, the COBOL object is associated with the value of serial# in such a way that it will execute only with a run time that has the corresponding serial number. Attempts to execute the program with a run time that has a different serial number (either as the initial program, or as a called subprogram) result in the run time displaying the message Incorrect serial number and returning a call error of 28. To display a run time's serial number, execute the run time with the -v option.  

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

No its about acucobol-gt runtime wrun32.exe

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

The Runtime should not execute without a license.  To determine what licenses are being used set an environment variable A_TRACE_LICENSE=1 then do the license check "runcbl -vv", or "wrun32 -vv"  the responses will show where the licenses are located.

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

The Company that develop and sells the programs use their own runtime license to their customers.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If you are interested, yuo should contact Sales or your Sales Rep and discuss what is called the ISV utility and master runtimes.

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

do you have any email?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I don't know who your Account Manager is but if you send a message via the 'Contact Us' page it will get to the right person:  www.microfocus.com/.../contactus.aspx

Make sure to select 'Sales' in the 'Contact Enquiry Type' field.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Giorgos,

Did you contact someone at Micro Focus ?

If not please send me an email at : dominique.sacre@microfocus.com

Regards,

Dominique

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.