Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

SAVE-AS in WEB-BROWSER

Jump to solution

I want to use the save-as dialog of the web-browser control passing the right path and I'm doing it as described in the guideline:

SetFILE-NAMEto the path of a file to be used with the Save As operation. The value of theFILE-NAMEproperty is cleared after the Save As operation is complete.

So I tried:

modify my-web-browser save-as=1 filename="g:\temp\my-foto.jpg".

But the dialog always starts in the last accessed folder and there is no infuence on the file-name neither.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

RE: SAVE-AS in WEB-BROWSER

Jump to solution

Your colleague from customer care agreed that it doesn't work as said in the guideline and wrote:

"I will report this to MF developers to see if we can do anything.

I guess the behavior changed during the years, since this web-browser control is based on the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.

And IE really changed a lot in the latest versions."

I'll keep you informed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not sure I'm following what you are doing .. there is no save-as property of the web browser control

Are you wanting the web-browser control to open a file on disk?

You modify the value property of the web browser control such as

modify my-web-browser value "FILE:///g:\temp\my-foto.jpg"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm referring to this:

SAVE-AS (numeric)

Set SAVE-AS=1 to display the "Save As" dialog and allow the user to save a copy of the page displayed in the Web browser control to disk.

And this works perfectly - except for the filename/filepath.

The Save-AS uses standard values and not the filename I'm giving (cf. to my original post).

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

When I right click in the browser and choose Save target as, I get a dialog box and can save the html file on disk.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how much control the runtime will have over the save-as dialog (from the browser). You might try using the Microsoft web browser control  (ActiveX or .Net) to see if that dialog is exposed. I found some VB code which deals with a browser and pdf, the intent is to store the pdf local so perhaps this will help....forums.codeguru.com/showthread.php

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your effort but I would prefer to solve this with microfocus tools.

As far as I can see there are 3 possibilities:

1. The guideline is wrong. In this case it should be corrected.
  2. The guideline is right but it's a bug. In this case we need a correction.
  3. Everything works as intended but I am doing something wrong. In this case I would appreciate your help because I can't see my mistake..

What is your opinion ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You can submit this issue to Customer Care and they'll pass it along to the Development team.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Your colleague from customer care agreed that it doesn't work as said in the guideline and wrote:

"I will report this to MF developers to see if we can do anything.

I guess the behavior changed during the years, since this web-browser control is based on the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser.

And IE really changed a lot in the latest versions."

I'll keep you informed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.