Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
davidr262 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SQL error extend 10

Jump to solution

We are trying to upgrade to version 10 from 8.1.3.1. I am attempting to perform an update to a table row but am getting a sql error stating "Invalid Descriptor Index", sqlstate 07009. This is the same code that works fine in 8.1.3.1, any ideas on why I am now getting this error?

Thanks

David

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: SQL error extend 10

Jump to solution

I have that driver on my Windows 7 PC.  I'm not sure what is up with those links.  If you Google "SQL Server Native Client 11.0 download" you'll find it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

You don't mention the platform, database, or which product - Acu4GL vs AcuSQL.  However, we have seen this error on Windows with AcuSQL for MS SQL Server.  The resolution for that was to use the newer MSSQL client driver by adding this to the runtime configuration settings:

ASQL_ODBC_DRIVER_NAME SQL Server Native Client 11.0

Note that the Native Client 11.0 is not present by default on Windows but is available from Microsoft here:

SQL Server 2012 Native Client

x86 Package go.microsoft.com/fwlink;clcid=0x409

x64 Package go.microsoft.com/fwlink;clcid=0x409

0 Likes
davidr262 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Doug

I am running on Windows 7 enterprise and using SQL Server 2008 R2 and yes we are using ACUSql. Those links were not supported on windows 7 apparently. Is there a different driver we can use?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

I have that driver on my Windows 7 PC.  I'm not sure what is up with those links.  If you Google "SQL Server Native Client 11.0 download" you'll find it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
davidr262 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Doug for your help on this. I could not get 11.0 installed but after looking at the documentation I pointed it to version 10. This time I got a different error, Syntax error, permission violation, or other nonspecific error. This allowed me to find that there was a syntax error. Funny it not only got by with ACUSQL 8.1.3, but when we were attempting to go to Visual Cobol we didn't get any error then either.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.