Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Skype and Extend

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how can i embbed skype utility in an extend programm?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Skype and Extend

Jump to solution

I don't have an example of using Skype, however you can check out this example ... acugt\sample\dotnet\netdb\cobol\netdb.cbl ... this has an ActiveX definition, uses the CREATE and MODIFY

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

From what I've seen of the Skype APi, skype is an exe, so you would need to constuct a series of batch files that call the skype exe and use the communication protocols that Skyoe makes available. You can then use Call System or CALL C$SYSTEM to execute the batch files from COBOL.

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

...or using the Axdefgen but what then?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

If Skype is available as an ActiveX control, then yes axdefgen creates a copybook with the properties and methods that Skype makes available. You would include the axdefgen generated copybook in the special-names portion of your COBOL program, then use the CREATE verb to iniate Skype (essentially CALL Skype), and use the MODIFY verb to modify the methods and properties to use Skype

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

do you have a code example?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I don't have an example of using Skype, however you can check out this example ... acugt\sample\dotnet\netdb\cobol\netdb.cbl ... this has an ActiveX definition, uses the CREATE and MODIFY

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

Jump to solution

thanks, i ll check this

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.