Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Systeminfo desktop

I found how te do the GetLocalTime calling @DISPLAY kernel32.dll.

I need the country, is that possible and has someone the cobol coding for that solution?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Systeminfo desktop

I did a find on Country in this PDF .. www.inf.unideb.hu/.../Win_kernelref.pdf

nothing was returned

0 Likes
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Shjerpe, did a find on "country" with different readers, but there is no "country" in the pdf.

0 Likes
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Sorry I forgot your answer : nothing was returned

0 Likes
mfisher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you literally need the country, or would it be enough to know the time zone and/or locale? I wonder if browsing the list of time functions at MSDN would help you find a suitable function to call.

msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms725473(v=vs.85).aspx

For locale, I believe the functions are GetLocaleInfoEx and GetLocaleInfo, but my internet connection is too slow to google that just now.

0 Likes
mfisher Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The list of national language support functions (which includes functions dealing with locale and date/time formats) is here:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../dd319081(v=vs.85).aspx

0 Likes
JaapV Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I used your link and found on this link: msdn.microsoft.com/.../bb896001.aspx

** Abbreviated name of the language. This information can be retrieved by a call to the GetLocaleInfo() API with LCTYPE set to SABBREVLANGNAME .

Now my problem is how to translate to AcuCobol?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.