Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
alfonsop Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Tab control memory error when defining a background color

Hi,

I have tab control in my program. I tried to display the background in bright color instead of the default grey color. I create the tab with this code:

DISPLAY TAB-CONTROL UPON MAIN-WINDOW, LINE 1.5, COL 1.5,
SIZE 159 CELLS, LINES 89 CELLS,
MULTILINE, HANDLE TAB-1
TAB-BACKGROUND-COLOR IS 16
FONT IS LARGE-FONT.

The tab control is then displayed with the color I want, but when I begin adding tabs with this code:

MODIFY TAB-1, TAB-TO-ADD =
("&Project",
"Proper&ties",
"&Revenues && Expenses"
)

I got the following memory error message and the program crashes.

When I don't use the TAB-BACKGROUND-COLOR IS 16 parameter, I don't have any problem, but don't get the background color I want.

Am I doing anything wrong? Are we able to change the background color in any other way?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
GeorgeK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Tab control memory error when defining a background color

supportline.microfocus.com/.../gt2581.htm Note: This is version 6 documentation. You'll have to check the manual for the version you are using. I don't recall a
TAB-BACKGROUND-COLOR property, but I was using versions 6, 7, and 8. I would love to have version 10, but I don't have the money to buy it.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Tab control memory error when defining a background color

I added TAB-BACKGROUND-COLOR IS 16 to the Acu example tab.cbl and it executes without a mav, You may want to contact Customer Care with your example and what version you are using.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.