Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Too many errors, compilation aborted

Hi all,

We are using version 9.2.0 and we are facing the following problem:

Our complex application has 18 files declared in the Data Set. All "File Controls" are of the type:

SELECT OPTIONAL MY-FILE
ASSIGN TO DISK "FN-MY-FILE"
ORGANIZATION IS INDEXED
ACCESS MODE IS DYNAMIC
LOCK MODE IS MANUAL WITH LOCK ON MULTIPLE RECORDS
FILE STATUS IS STATUS-MY-FILE
RECORD KEY IS MY-FILE-KEY.

So far so well, compilation passes with no error.

If we add a 19th file (of the same type) then we get the error:

"Too many errors, compilation aborted" with no other info.

If we change the lock mode of a file from "MANUAL WITH LOCK ON MULTIPLE RECORDS " to some other e.g. "AUTOMATIC WITH LOCK ON MULTIPLE RECORDS WITH ROLLBACK" then compilation passes with no errors. (To be more detailed, we have now in the Data Set 18 files with lock mode = "MANUAL WITH LOCK ON MULTIPLE RECORDS " and 1 file with lock mode =  "AUTOMATIC WITH LOCK ON MULTIPLE RECORDS WITH ROLLBACK").

Is this a bug?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Too many errors, compilation aborted

Yes, that sounds like a bug. Please pass alomg your example to Customer Care. Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.