Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Tree Veiw control, property ITEM-COLOR

Jump to solution

I see in the documentation that a property ITEM-COLOR is available for tree-view controls.

I have tested this, as I want to show the user that something is wrong with some of the data in the tree-veiw control. Therefore, I need to mark some nodes in the tree view control with red text color. This works at first glance, the text really appears as red on the nodes I want to be red.

But; the outcome of the added node is not a real pointer to the node. It always gives "1" - one as pointer.

Therefore, I am not able to track the correct node in event-handling, and I cannot get the hidden-data for the node. Thus again means that my program does not find the information that the node is representing, and showing to user.

This statement:

modify tr-melding parent = ws-parentId
                                item-to-add = ws-fieldName
                                item-color = 13
                               giving ws-nodeId

is resulting in ws-nodeId = 1.

Always.

This statment:

giving ws-nodeId

is resulting in ws-nodeId = 5687987 (for instance, this gives of course different values every time it is executed)

Is this an error, or have anyone been able to use the ITEM-COLOR and got the node Id correct?

Regards Dagl

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

RE: Tree Veiw control, property ITEM-COLOR

Jump to solution

Found the reason / solution... :

This statement works:

giving ws-nodeId

item-color = ws-color

That means, moving "item-color = ws-color" after "gicing ws-nodeId" did the trick.....

Regards Dagl

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

RE: Tree Veiw control, property ITEM-COLOR

Jump to solution

Found the reason / solution... :

This statement works:

giving ws-nodeId

item-color = ws-color

That means, moving "item-color = ws-color" after "gicing ws-nodeId" did the trick.....

Regards Dagl

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.