Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
claura Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UPGRADE SOLARIS 10 to 1/13 - problem with RUNCBL

Hi all

I upgraded solaris 10 11/06 to 1/13, in test environment,  but when I try to start runcbl in debug mode ...I see this error in the logs:

ld.so.1: runcbl: fatal: libclntsh.so.10.1: open failed: No such file or directory

profile set correctly the library path:

LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib://u01/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib32:/opt/acucorp/721/lib:

ORACLE_SID=XXX

ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2/bin:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2/OPatch:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:.:/opt/acucorp/721/bin

ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2

VISUAL=vi

TERM=vt100

but when I launch LDD:

bash-3.2# ldd /opt/acucorp/721/bin/runcbl
        libclntsh.so.10.1 =>     (file not found) --------------->?
        libkstat.so.1 =>         /lib/64/libkstat.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/64/libnsl.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/64/libsocket.so.1
        libgen.so.1 =>   /lib/64/libgen.so.1
        libdl.so.1 =>    /lib/64/libdl.so.1
        libsched.so.1 =>         /usr/lib/64/libsched.so.1
        libz.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/64/libz.so.1
        libm.so.2 =>     /lib/64/libm.so.2
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/64/libc.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/64/libmp.so.2
        libmd.so.1 =>    /lib/64/libmd.so.1
        libscf.so.1 =>   /lib/64/libscf.so.1
        libdoor.so.1 =>  /lib/64/libdoor.so.1
        libuutil.so.1 =>         /lib/64/libuutil.so.1
        /lib/sparcv9/../libm/sparcv9/libm_hwcap1.so.2
        /platform/sun4v/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1
        /platform/sun4v/lib/sparcv9/libmd_psr.so.1

thanks a lot

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: UPGRADE SOLARIS 10 to 1/13 - problem with RUNCBL

Did you install the 10.1 into /opt/acucorp/721 I'm guessing not. The LIBRARY_PATH .. I believe this is really LD_LIBRARY_PATH needs to have the install of 10.1 ...LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/:/u01/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib://u01/app/oracle/product/10.2/lib32:/opt/acucorp/10.1/lib

perhaps I read your post incorrectly. Are you using Acu 7.2.1  LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the environment variable to use. 

0 Likes
mhanson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: UPGRADE SOLARIS 10 to 1/13 - problem with RUNCBL

Does the library file actually exist in the directory specified in LD_LIBRARY_PATH? (And did you intend to set LIBRARY_PATH instead of LD_LIBRARY_PATH?) This seems to be an Oracle library, so if the Acu product hasn't changed then it is most likely just a configuration issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.