Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using AcuBench 8.1.0 in Windows 7

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 01 February 2011]

I'm trying to set up a new Windows 7 machine with AcuBench 8.1.0. When I try to run a project in debug from within the bench, I'm getting strange behavior. It's going along as it should and then all of a sudden the debugger seems to jump to a random spot in the code. It then executes straight through the code from there, without regard to paragraphs.

I've copied the source code over directly from my Win XP machine, where it works just fine.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Using AcuBench 8.1.0 in Windows 7

There shouldn't be any difference running AcuBench on Windows7 versus XP. I know for me that when running in the AcuBench debugger I have to remember to also watch the application I am running, meaning sometimes I forget that I need to do some screen input in the COBOL program in order to return properly to the point of code in the debugger. If you can consistently show a scenario where the AcuBench debugger is behaving badly, please raise a support incident.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Also when you say from "within AcuBench" do you mean that you use the AcuBench debugger or you launch the runtime debugger from AcuBench
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

If you haven't yet resolved this then you should upgrade to at least version 8.1.2 as it was the first version certified on Windows 7. I'd recommend the latest 8.1 version which is 8.1.3.1.

If the problem still occurs with that version then please raise a Support Incident.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.