Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using .Net Windows Forms control in AcuCOBOL program

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'd like to use a standard .Net Windows Forms control in a COBOL program, but I'm running into .Net framework version issues. I only have the .Net version 4 System.Windows.Forms.dll, which can't be used with AcuCOBOL (at least not version 8.1.3).

I see from other forum posts that people have successfully used controls from System.Windows.Forms.dll recently, so can anyone give me a hint what I need to do? Do newer versions of Acu work with newer versions of the .Net framework?

Thanks,

Claire

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Using .Net Windows Forms control in AcuCOBOL program

Jump to solution

Version 9 .. current version 9.1.2.1 uses .Net 4.0

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

When you see the other posts for using System.Windows.Forms.dll are they in this Extend Acu forum, or possibly in the Visual COBOL and or Net Express forums?  In most cases, the way Acu works with .Net is that you have a .Net assembly that provides  functions (method or property) you use NetDefGen to get these properties and methods of .Net assemblies. You use the Create syntax to load the assembly, and the Modify syntax to manipulate the assembly.

It may be more helpful to state what exactly you are trying to accomplish. Is the standard .Net Windows Forms control available as an ActiveX control? Which .Net control are you attempting to use?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Version 9 .. current version 9.1.2.1 uses .Net 4.0

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently using an ActiveX treeview in an AcuCOBOL program because it has features I need that the Acu treeview doesn't have, but I'd like to try out the .Net treeview.

I'm pretty sure the posts about System.Windows.Forms.dll were in the Extend forum, but I guess these folks are using a newer version of AcuCOBOL.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.