Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
koklim7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vision Duplicate Record Error

I'm recently worked out integration of Visual Basic.net occupying AcuODBC to access cobol data, try insert same record into same vision table with modification to certain field values.  

Then it ended up to pop-up Error message as "ERROR [S0000] [AcuCorp, Inc.][AcuODBC Driver][ISAM]Vision duplicate record", but My data is about  successive to insert in.

Can anyone tell me why it happened and how to fix this? Thanks in advanced.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Vision Duplicate Record Error

A Vision file or Indexed file has a key or keys, one of them being a primary key. Lets say your file has a primary key of part-number and part-number is 2022 (or something). If you attempt to write data into the data file with part-number 2022 then you'll receive a duplicate error. You'll need to know the primary key of the files you are updating.  If you actually need to overwrite the existing data in the file, then you would need to delete the record with part-number 2022 and then write your record. You would need to be cautious about overwriting as the record in the file may contain more data in the record than the data you are using to update it with. It would be best to read the record and then figure out if and how you want to update it.

0 Likes
koklim7 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Vision Duplicate Record Error

okay, understand.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.