Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Emmie
New Member.

WEB-BROWSER control

Hello,

I want to show the contents of different kind of files on my application window. To accomplish that I am using the web-browser control. Opening a web page or a jpg file works fine. When opening a tif file however Windows photo viewer opens in a new window. The same thing occurs when opening a pdf file using the pdf viewer which comes with Windows 8. After installing Acrobat Reader that problem is solved. Acrobat reader opens within my web-browser control.

Does anyone recognize this problem?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: WEB-BROWSER control

Acrobat Reader has a plugin that it installs for Internet Explorer. You'll need a different plugin for viewing TIFF files in IE. From what I've seen, here is one many people use ... AlternaTIFF is an activeX version for IE and a  "plug-in" version. http://www.alternatiff.com/

0 Likes
Emmie
New Member.

RE: WEB-BROWSER control

Thanks shjerpe that solved my problem with viewing TIFF in the web-browser control.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.