Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
nataliemac
New Member.

WIN$PRINT - "-P SPOOLER" - Printing symbols with Windows 10 using ACU9.2.2

Hi there,

I am having a problem printing symbols (windows font wingdings 2 - character set 3) for check boxes and radio buttons.  The symbol prints fine but then nothing else on the page prints.  We only experience the problem when printing from a machine running Windows 10, 7 & 8 work fine.  The other thing is that if I display a message box after setting the font as above, before writing the symbol away to the print file and setting the font back, then it works.

Has anyone else experienced this?  What can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

NM

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: WIN$PRINT - "-P SPOOLER" - Printing symbols with Windows 10 using ACU9.2.2

Any system where we were seeing this problem went away after making sure both the print server and print client had all the latest Windows updates applied in addition to downloading and installing the latest print driver from the printer manufacturer on both the print server and print client machines.
0 Likes
nataliemac
New Member.

RE: WIN$PRINT - "-P SPOOLER" - Printing symbols with Windows 10 using ACU9.2.2

We tried updating both the print server and print client but we're still experiencing the same issue.

As I said before, printing the symbols works fine on Windows XP, 7 and 8. But not for Windows 10.

We recently had incidents reported by clients where certain reports weren't printing correctly. After investigating, we realized that if we set the font AFTER setting the columns then the font changes were lost (generally on the first page only). If the font is set before the columns the issue is resolved. This was a problem on Windows 7 & up.

I tested this theory to see if it would resolve my symbol printing problem and it has. So now I have to set the font before setting the columns and then print the symbol. I can no longer set the font and print the symbol in the same procedure (as it's after I set the columns).

Can anybody tell me why this is the case (both issues)? Is there a setting I need to change or config option I need to add?

Thanks in advance.

NM
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.