Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

WRUN32.mlc when is this accessed?

My understanding is that wrun32.mlc is the license fro MS SQL (ACu4GL)

I went looking for this file in an environment that is running Acu4GL but could only see a wrun32.ml!  (ie a renamed version)

I looked in the .bun folder as well as c:\programdata\micro focus\... but did not locate a .mlc file.

In a different process where we are running AcuGT.exe (rather than wrun32.exe) I have seen the error

License file  ...... wrun32.mcl is inaccessible

So the question is under what circumstances do I and do I not, need wun32.mlc to be present in the bin folder

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: WRUN32.mlc when is this accessed?

Licenses typically reside in a directory like this on Windows: C:\ProgramData\Micro Focus\extend\10.2.1\x86 there is an x64 directory, so it does matter which runtime you are using. You can have the licenses in the bin directory. If you obtain more than one license the license file extension may go from .mlc to .ml! I do not know of any .mcl extension. When the runtime (whether wrun32 or AcuGT.exe starts that runtime) encounters a file operation where a variable such as DEFAULT_HOST MSSQL is directing the runtime to use a file system other than Vision, the runtime will look for the appropriate license.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.