Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
vale Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web Browser border

Good evening at all.

I'm using the Web-Browser control of acucobol.
It works fine but it could be graphically better if I could remove the black-border of the control.

Does anyone know if it is possible or not adn, evantually, how?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Web Browser border

I'm not sure what you mean by the black-border .. have you sent a specific colr for your window? When I place the web browser control on a floating window I do not see a black border .. going to try an attach a screen shot ...

0 Likes
vale Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Look at the following screenshot: I have a white floating window with a web-browser control. The red arrows indicate the borders.

These borders are particularly clear when the inner HTML page si white.

I think that the resulting GUI could be better without border. Is it possible to remove/hide them ?

--

Davide Giudici

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Looking at the properties of the web browser control I do not see a way to remove or hide the borders. I looked at the Microsoft Web browser ActiveX control as well, and it did not seem to have a border property either.

0 Likes
davide_stfc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I notice that changing the "View Compatibility" of the system Internet Explorer (via system registry) those borders disappears automatically. Obviously, also the control behavior changes based on the  compatibility (IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10).

Additionally information about "Compatibility" of the Web-Browser control are available for example here: stackoverflow.com/.../how-do-i-turn-off-compatibility-view-on-the-ie-webbrowsercontrol-in-a-winforms-a

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.