Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Welcome message

Hi all,

I’m Dominique SACRE, Product Director for extend - ACUCOBOL-GT and RM/COBOL product lines.

It is my greatest pleasure to welcome all of you joining us for this extend - ACUCOBOL-GT Forum, a part of the Micro Focus COBOL forum.

Please feel free to ask questions about any topic which is related to extend line of products and ACUCOBOL-GT.

We will do our very best to provide you with answers to your questions.

Best regards,

Dominique

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Welcome message

Hello Dominique,

Thank you for your warm welcome to me in joining this site.

Having transferred over to the new Microfocus website, I am still finding my way around. I have been using ACUCOBOL for about 5 years and like mainframe COBOL, there is still plenty in there to explore.

Yesterday I posted a query for any or all of the members who may be able to assiste. I have been asked to investigate whether it is possible through ACUCOBOL to create barcodes for use in document scanners. I have read some books in other languages which suggest how it may be done.

I have scoured the ACUCOBOL manuals but as yet have not come across any material covering the creation of barcodes. I will keep searching.

I did think that if I found a mechanism in another language, there may be a way to adapt a result.

I should let you know that at the moment we are using ACUCUBOL version 5.2, and have a vast task in converting to the latest version which I think is Version 8.3.

I look forward to keeping in contact with you and the membership.

Yours sincerely

Geoffrey Hashman

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Geoffrey,

We are looking for samples for you. The best way is to find a barcode font and to use it to print.

You can alco use XML extensions (version 9.0 min) to do it.

Btw the latest version is 9.1.2.

Regards,

Dominique

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is not hard to find barcode fonts nowadays. I know a good barcode font resource. Our company has been using barcode fonts from there for years. Rich barcode fonts can be found there, like qr code font, code 39 font, etc.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.