Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Sal_Cambareri Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

What does "system error value = 0" mean?

Can anyone tell me what "system error value = 0" means. The affected user is running wrun32 v10.1 and on one Windows 10 workstation sees that message displayed on the terminal before the session crashes. I have found in the v10 doc references to other values, but not to 0.

Sal Cambareri

UBCC

Director Software Development

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: What does "system error value = 0" mean?

Typically a value of 0 means that something succeeded. Do you know what the COBOL program was calling or doing before this message was displayed.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks you, but, no, I do not know which program. It could be any number of programs that can be invoked from our menu programs. She says it happens "once in a while".

She provided a screen snip of one of our payroll menu screens showing that the message appeared three times. Apparently the third display preceded the crash.

Here it is her snip followed by a no error version of the same screen. I am trying to persuade her to run a trace as requested by Claudio.

SystemErrorValue0.PNGUser's ErrorsNoErrorMenu.PNGNoErrorMenu

Sal Cambareri

UBCC

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Enter your Choice label / entry field and push buttons and status-bar seem to be missing from her screen ... are these part of the same screen (in the screen section) or displayed .. like display screen2 upon window-handle. Strange that that much of a screen is missing.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I have not seen the bad result in action so I can only quess at what happened. I.e. I can't say for a fact that before the System errors the bad screen looked like the good screen except that:

1. The widgets the program displays are all given absolute, not relative positions,

2. When raw "DISPLAYS" (whether by a program or the the run time) occur, its data appears after the last displayed character.

3. When muttiple raw DISPLAYs occur the data wraps down the screen and when it gets to the last line of the window the previous data is shifted upward.

4. The top portion of the window is presented in one procedure.

5. The Enter your choice label and entry field are displayed separately

6. The Rev: and ribbon line of push buttons are displayed by a separate subprogram.

I have no respose on the requested trace.

Sal Cambareri

UBCC

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.