Highlighted
Visitor.

Windows Permissions Problem 3707

Jump to solution

Hello,

I just wanted to throw this out there and see if any other users are having similar issues.  Our applications are on the 10.1.0 and after the latest windows update quite a few of our customers on Windows 10 are getting 3707 errors [user does not have appropriate access permissions to the file (open)] when we are creating some temporary files.  The odd thing is that it is not happening every time, they go back into the same process and everything works fine.  Some of these routines that create the temporary files have been in place for a very long time and have never had problems till this week.  We have not been able to duplicate the problem yet, so I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the same problem and if they have been able to solve it.  It seems like the last update has messed something up, just not sure what yet.

Thanks,

Scott Meiners

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Windows Permissions Problem 3707

Jump to solution
There is now a fix for the file errors when running on Windows 7 (or 2008) mapped drives!

If you have a support contract in place then raise a support incident requesting a patch for ECN-4545, and attach a screen shot of the version dialog displayed after executing "wrun32 -vv".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
56 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Not sure if this is related or not (we haven't seen that exact error), but we have had issues which seem to be related to a combination of Webroot antivirus and a recent Windows update. Adding the runtime as an exception in the Webroot console has been the solution/workaround.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Our company have had 2 client sites thus far impacted in a similar way. AcuCobol error 9107 file permissions error encountered when attempting to delete a temporary file that we have just opened. at both sites it was intermittent. We believe that some form of scanning has kicked in after the windows security updates were installed on the Windows Server 2008 R2 systems. We are running version 9.2.0 AcuGt
One Client ended up unionstalling the following windows security patches:

KB4050946, KB4049068, KB4048961, KB4047206. Removal of these stopped our issues with 9107 on work files.

Anther client removed the following:
KB4049068, KB4054521, KB4054518

The common factor was KB4049068 ... but the online description for this update refers to Fijian time zone settings !
I believe what GMCfourX4 suggested is what is actually happening... but I cannot prove it.
I will check if either are using Webroot antivirus
Jim
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
We've recently narrowed down multiple customer sites with strange file errors, who were able to resolve them by removing and hiding KB4054518.
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution
Thanks for the information!! It appears that the issue is actually only with our customers on Windows 7 with the KB4054518 update installed. Having them remove this update seems to have solved the issue, for now. We are not sure what the other commonality is with these computers yet to determine why it is happening. Other users have this update installed on windows 7 and have never received the errors. Hopefully the next Patch Tuesday does not bring the errors back.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution
We now have the same problem. The problem does (not always) occur if a temporary file is deleted after processing with "delete file". The runtime version plays no role. We are now checking to see if KB4054518 is installed on the affected clients. Until now the status 37/07 has not been related to the acuserver.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
We too have had multiple customers report this problem and we agree it does not seem to be runtime version specific and we are also seeing that it is random in nature even within the very same program and always seems to be on temporary files. We are asking customers to uninstall KB4054518 for now and keep it from reinstalling, but of course they are asking how long they will have to keep it off. I guess we can naively hope Microsoft will "fix" whatever it is they have "broken" in a future update such as January which should be out this week. Thus far we have not had any clients report it that use AcuServer, only those that access their data files via a mapped drive.

Wayne Epperly

Data Resources Corporation

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution
Has anyone verfied the cause, and the fix yet? Or has anyone from MicroFocus chimed in here yet?

I am having the same problem, also starting in the middle of December, same symptoms as described here ... 37-07 error when trying to delete a temporary file the process just created. AND, only on a Windows-7 PC accessing a mapped network drive. I am working to have one user remove MS patches that were installed in December, and having another user get the latest MS patches to see if they've fixed the problem. I'll let people know what I find.

Dale

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution
Hi All following on from my previous post ... we have been getting 9107 as previously described... both clients that get it are using Symantek Endpoint Protection. I believe that the updates ... and unfortunately there are several involved are some how stuffing update the Anti Virus software. Now this has ALWAYS been the case and we have ALWAYS had to maintain "EXCLUSION" on our data folders... but I think the updates are stuffing this up.
I had alerted all of our clients to NOT install the updates and to temporarily cease installing. We have just had one client install all the latest ... they are using MS Endpoint ... and have had no problems since installing last Thursday.
I also saw an article on the web where Symantek had reported 2 MS updates had stuffed them up ...MS actually reversed the updates. I did not record the numbers as they were not in my set of suspects ... theye were earlier numbers. Can anyone else report Symantek Endpoint being involved?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution
We have still had no luck being able to reproduce the errors well enough to be able to send anything in to support line yet, but we are still having the errors and they seem like they are increasing. We initially had some users remove KB4054518 which helped, but the latest updates for January appear to have caused the errors to come back. For us it appears that the error is occurring during the deleting of a temporary file that we had just recent created. The errors appear to just be on Windows 7 but there has been many different versions of security software. This has been occurring with Security Essentials, Vipre Business Agent, McAfee, Vipre Endpoint Security 9.6, Webroot v. 9.0.18.34, Sophos Endpoint 11.5.11 and AVG. They all appear to be using mapped drives connected to windows server. The server version vary also. Some are Windows Server 2012 R2, Server 2016 and Windows server 2008 R2.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Others have reported that the January updates reinstalled KB4054018, and so they had to remove it again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Jump to solution
We are now also being told that some users on Windows 10 are now getting the error. We also have people who removed KB4054518 (the errors stopped), had the latest windows updates installed and their system still shows that update as blocked and now they are getting the errors again. We have written a test program to simulate what is going on with these files but we have been unsuccessful in duplicating the error.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.