Highlighted
New Member.

Windows printing

I'm having challenges with printing using spooled printers on okidata dot matrix printers (using US Fanfold paper) in a windows environment.  Inkjet/laser printers seem to work perfectly so I've been focusing on the print driver and emulations.  It took me a while to find a windows 7 driver-Epson fx series 1(136) that would support the utility draft print but the length of the page is 9 lines to long per page.  

I'm determining the page length by setting wprtdata-std-font = 1, then calling the "winprint-set-std-font", followed by a call to "winprint-get-page-layout" to determine the columns per page and page length.  Before setting the font, i'm using the winprint-set-printer-ex to set copies, current-page size, etc.  For inkjet printers, this work exactly as I would expect when doing page advance (top of each page lines up with the previous) but the okidata page length doesn't seem to match the paper selection setting but looks correct in the program.    I've duplicated this with the prndemox sample program.  Do I need to do anything with margins?  I'm really trying to avoid adding logic back in to my programs to do things like compressed print codes, etc and let windows handle this.

I'm using 8.1 of the acu-gt runtime on a windows 7 machine.   I appreciate any help.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.