Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

acuXODBC on x64

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 November 2011]

Hi,

I have been having troubles getting the acuXODBC driver to install on Server 2008 R2. I am using version 7.4 which according to the documentation can be installed on a 64bit platform.

From the installtion screen I have selected "AcuXDBC Data Interface for Windows", then entered the product key.
However the driver is not showing up in the windows ODBC Data Source Administrator.

Are there any specific steps required to get this driver to work on x64 system?

Regards,
Paul
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: acuXODBC on x64

Hello Paul,

On 64-bit Windows there are two ODBC Data Source Administrators, a 64-bit and a 32-bit. You must use the 32-bit Adminstrator to have access to your AcuXDBC driver because it is a 32-bit application. You will find the 32-bit Administrator here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. Or you can launch it by going to Start, All Programs, Acucorp 7.4.0, AcuXDBC, ODBC Data Source Administrator.

Note that the first version of AcuXDBC certified for Windows Server 2008R2 is 9.0.1. If you encounter any issues with 7.4 you will need to upgrade.

Regards,
Doug
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for that! I'm able to create a DSN now. However I can't create a linked server in SQL. I have no problems connecting to source database in Access though.

I'm wondering if I'm getting the settings correct:
Provider: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
Product name: AcuXodbc
Datasource: [here goes the DSN]

Rest of the options are blank.

But I'm getting an "the specifed DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the driver and application".

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Paul
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

After trying out a lot of ideas I have gave up on R2. Instead, installed 2008 x86 standard. The only thing that was missing on x86 system though, was the mfc71.dll file that would normally be located in the System32 folder. After copying the file from XP machine, I was able to launch license activator, setup DSN and linked server.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.