Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
HighTouch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

acuthin utility for file transfer

Is there any way to use acuthin to transfer files between the local machine and the host/server?  That is, a utility...I know I could write a small program to do so.  It is for when FTP, RDP, etc are unavailable.  thanks

0 Likes
2 Replies
buggabill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: acuthin utility for file transfer

You can use C$COPY to accomplish this using the "@[DISPLAY]:" prefix for the client/local machine.  The following would copy file1.ext to the server from the local machine where the thin client is executing. 

CALL "C$COPY" USING
"@[DISPLAY]:C:\local\machine\path\file1.ext"
"/path/on/server/file1.ext".

0 Likes
RobertRedekop Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: acuthin utility for file transfer

This is old, but I figured this info was worth mentioning to anyone who reads this post.

In addition to the already mentioned C$COPY with the "@[DISPLAY]:" trick, you can also use C$OPENSAVEBOX to launch a windows dialog box, and let the user pick the file to be processed.  They you use C$COPY to copy the file to the server, where it can be further processed.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.