Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] 42000 Error using AcuODBC 6.1 Driver via ADO

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 19 August 2008]

I started receiving the error after adding the "REPLACE" routine in the SQL SELECTstatement below. Using it to clean non-standard characters from the data. Without the REPLACE no problems.

ERROR [42000] [AcuCorp, Inc.][AcuODBC Driver]Expected lexical element not found: FROM expected, ( found, near line 1, column 158

80040E14

This is the whole select statement:

cmd.CommandText = "SELECT shipment_bin_num, " & _
"shipment_tracking_num, " & _
"shipment_carrier_service, " & _
"shipment_carrier, " & _
"shipment_acct_num, " & _
"shipment_acct_name, " & _
"shipment_contact, " & _
"REPLACE(REPLACE(shipment_address_1,'.',''),',',''), " & _
"REPLACE(REPLACE(shipment_address_2,'.',''),',',''), " & _
"REPLACE(REPLACE(shipment_city,'.',''),',',''), " & _
"shipment_state, " & _
"shipment_country, " & _
"REPLACE(REPLACE(shipment_postal_code,'-',''),' ',''), " & _
"REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(REPLACE(shipment_phone_number,'.',''),'-',''),'(',''),')',''),'Ext',''), " & _
"shipment_weight, " & _
"shipment_acct_email, " & _
"shipment_cust_cost " & _
"FROM omdynshp WHERE shipment_carrier = '"& varCarrier & "' AND shipment_bin_num
"AND shipment_tracking_num IS NULL"

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] 42000 Error using AcuODBC 6.1 Driver via ADO

I don't know if this is causing your particular error, but you have a space in the middle of your "shipment_ phone_number" column name.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't know if this is causing your particular error, but you have a space in the middle of your "shipment_ phone_number" column name.
Hmmm, don't see that in the column name? The only space I am using is under the shipment_postal_code, replacing it with nothing. This is to remove spaces from Canadian or British zip codes. Maybe I need to represent the space differently?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry if I was unclear. What I mean is that you have a space between "shipment_" and "phone_number", which should be removed to read "shipment_phone_number".
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry if I was unclear. What I mean is that you have a space between "shipment_" and "phone_number", which should be removed to read "shipment_phone_number".
Ahh, I see it now. I rewrote the line and it worked.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.