Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] 8.12 Runtime problem.

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 04 June 2010]

I have a program that uses a grid control to enter data. When the user enters past a date field that is invalid or has a zero value it calls a calendar program to allow the user to select a date.

When I run this program using 8.11 runtime, it returns control to the grid and you can enter the next field. However, when you run it using the 8.12 runtime after exiting the calendar program, the control of the screen is lost. You end up having to click on one of the screen controls to get the functionality back. You can try pressing the escape key, enter, arrows, nothing works until you actually click on a control. You can even click on the top of the window to make sure the screen is selected and it doesn't matter.

The calendar program is using the CalView control to display the calendar. Like I said, you can run the program with the 8.11 runtime and it works fine, but the 8.12 does not.

Anybody run into this problem and if you have is there a resolution for it?

Thanks,
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] 8.12 Runtime problem.

This is fixed in version 8.1.2.1 as is a recursion issue that others have encountered. I would download 8.1.2.1 off the SupportLine product updates page and give it another go.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.