Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] ACCEPT BEFORE TIME and HOT-KEY

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 16 August 2005]

I do an ACCEPT with BEFORE TIME, so I can check certain things like messages from other users every few seconds. If I interrupt the ACCEPT by calling a program defined with a HOT-KEY in the cblconfig file (using an F-key), and then exit that program, my ACCEPT BEFORE TIME no longer works (the timeout doesn't happen).

I see the problem with Windows runtimes and Thin Client, but not with text-based UNIX runtimes.

Any suggestions?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] ACCEPT BEFORE TIME and HOT-KEY

Are you using RENEW_TIMEOUT in your config file as well?

RENEW_TIMEOUT when set to "1" (on, true, yes), this variable restarts the timeout used by ACCEPT BEFORE TIME after each keystroke that the user makes. The default setting is "0" (off, false, no), which means that the timeout is canceled as soon as the user starts typing.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, I didn't know RENEW_TIMEOUT, but it doesn't solve the problem in this case (I've tried it).

As I see it, the timeout interrupt is broken, when using a HOT_KEY program, and then closing that program returning to the original ACCEPT statement.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I get the same behavior as what you are seeing. I would report it to Technical Support.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.