Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] ACUBENCH won't open project file under Win XP

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 17 July 2003]

I'm running XP Pro and when I try to open with AcuBench a project on a network drive, AcuBench gives the error "The process cannot access the file because it is in use by another process." The project is not open by anyone else on the network. Also, I can open projects on my C: drive with no problems.

Anybody ever seen this?

Thanks,
Clay
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] ACUBENCH won't open project file under Win XP

Hi Clay,
is your shared drive a samba share?
I encounter same problem, that was due to the fact the file
has been modified by some one else directly on the unix.
This causes the file to change the owner, and usually this cause
some error as you describe.
Check for the file permissions

hope this helps
Luca
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] ACUBENCH won't open project file under Win XP

Hi Luca, no the share is not a samba share. The sever is an NT 2000 Server. After installing Win2K Pro on the workstation I can open the project. Go figure.....

Thanks,
Clay
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.