Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] About runtime 64 bits installation

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 30 April 2009]

Hello all,

We have an issue with the installation of the 64 bits runtime version. There are two folders, "Program Files" and "Program Files 64"; They have the same structure, and we install the runtime in a 64 bits system, but when it finish, we see that our wrun32.exe have the same date and size than the other one in "Program Files" not in "Program Files 64". Anyone knows, why the install program use "program files" instead "program files 64"?

Thanks afterwards
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] About runtime 64 bits installation

You should have a install disk that states 64 bit Windows. By default the installer installs Extend in Program Files and Program Files (x86). Program Files is the 64 bit software and Program Files (x86) is the 32 bit. They will have the same date as they are built at the same time. The 64 bit software require a different code and key (machine key 5) then the 32 bit (machine key 2).
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think i made a mistake, i refer to the folders in the 64 bits installation CD of acucorp, not to my folders in the operative system. The installation program use the wrun32.exe in "program files" a folder in the CD instead the wrun32.exe in "program files 64" in the another folder of the CD. Of course, i install it in a 64 bits system (chipset and operative system).

Anyone knows why?

Thanks afterwards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What do you recieve when you run wrun32.exe -vv in Program Files?

The message box that displays should show Configuration: WIN64

If you do the same in Program Files The message box that displays should show Configuration: WIN32
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello all,

Yes Dilbert, in our customer, the message is win32 configuration. Maybe it's shown because the wrun32.exe is from "Program files" in installacion CD instead wrun32.exe from "Program Files 64". I don't understand why if the system is a 64 bits system (Operative system and chipset) and when I install de runtime, the CD don't ask me if i want to install 64 or 32 bits version (i suppose it install 32 in a 32 system and 64 in a 64 system automatically) it still show me the message "Configuration: win32". That's why i ask the reason for install "program files" from the CD instead of use "program files 64".

Thanks for the answers Dilbert, but i still seeking.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing to see if this happens again?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Dilbert,

Yes, we have reinstalled but still the same. Do you or anyone knows if really the "program files 64" folder in the CD must be used in the installation of a 64 bits system?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, otherwise you'll be working with the 32 bit version. Try this .. in Windows Explorer open the D drive (CD-ROM) drive, right click on the Acu stuff, get to the Program Files 64 bin, and copy the wrun32.exe and wrun32.dll into your C:\Program Files\Acucorp\Acucbl800\AcuGT\bin directory.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Better yet, copy the entire bin directory from the CD to the C:\Program Files\Acucorp\Acucbl800\AcuGT\bin directory.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.