Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Accept from system / User-id

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 17 June 2004]

How is it possible to alter the USER-ID, accepted from SYSTEM-INFO ?

In prior runtime versions (

Now the USER-ID field is filled with the login name. The documentation says :
"The USER-ID field is filled in with the login name of the current user. If it is not set, the runtime looks for the symbol "USERNAME". If it is not set, the literal "USER" is placed in this field."

I have tried to set "SET ENVIRONMENT "USERNAME" TO "abc", but this does not work.

Does anyone have a solution to this ?

Regards
Kim Hendriksen
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Accept from system / User-id

You do not specify the OS you are using, but I presume it is Windows of some kind, in which case the answer is that the runtime always uses the Windows API function GetUserName to get the user name. This is not overridable.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanx Gisle

The OS is both Windows and Linux.

I guess I must do it the hard way, and create my own environment variable, containing the username I want returned.

Regards
Kim
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am afraid so, but you may also forward the question to tech support, asking for an opportunity to serve the old way as well.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.