Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Active-X & Declaratives

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 18 January 2010]

We are using acubench to develop our screens and create our application. We use a few active-X controls and we want to capture any of the exceptions that may occur from these controls. I know the correct way is to add a declarative section to do so. But what I am un-clear about is where exactly to insert the code without directly editing the .cbl file, which we don't really like to do if acubench provides us with an instertion point...

Any ideas?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Active-X & Declaratives

Unfortunately AcuBench seems to allow access to creating code for the decalratives when a data set is involved. This appears to be a pretty large oversight as whe you draw an Active-X control the event properties sould also allow you create a decalrative entry. Again, unfortunately, this does not seem posssible with AcuBench - sorry 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately AcuBench seems to allow access to creating code for the declaratives when a data set is involved. This appears to be a pretty large oversight as whe you draw an Active-X control the event properties should also allow you create a declarative entry. Again, unfortunately, this does not seem possible with AcuBench - sorry 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately AcuBench seems to allow access to creating code for the declaratives when a data set is involved. This appears to be a pretty large oversight as when you draw an Active-X control the event properties should also allow you create a declarative entry. Again, unfortunately, this does not seem possible with AcuBench - sorry 😞
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can edit the .cbl file and add in my code, however it has to be between the bench tags to stay within the declaritives. Trouble with this is it will be removed everytime I generate the workspace arrgh!

*{Bench}declarative
       DECLARATIVES.
       INPUT-ERROR SECTION.
           USE AFTER STANDARD ERROR PROCEDURE ON INPUT.
       0100-DECL.
           EXIT.
       I-O-ERROR SECTION.
           USE AFTER STANDARD ERROR PROCEDURE ON I-O.
       0200-DECL.
           EXIT.
       OUTPUT-ERROR SECTION.
           USE AFTER STANDARD ERROR PROCEDURE ON OUTPUT.
       0300-DECL.
           EXIT.
       END DECLARATIVES.
      *{Bench}end
       Acu-Main-Logic.

Where the heck can I insert it so that acubench doesn't remove it? :confused:
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.