Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] ActiveX Type Mismatch

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 08 May 2008]

Help!
I'm in need of some ActiveX expertise.
I get a "Type Mismatch" error on the MODIFY statement below, but the fax is sent successfully. Is the MODIFY statement correct for the Submit method?
Thanks.

* FaxDocument
CLASS @FaxDocument
CLSID, 0F3F9F91-C838-415E-A4F3-3E828CA445E0
NAME, "FaxDocument"
DEFAULT-INTERFACE, "IFaxDocument"

* Submit
* Connect to server, submit the fax document, disconnect
METHOD, 17, @Submit,
"BSTR" @bstrFaxServerName, TYPE 8
RETURNING "VARIANT", TYPE 12

77 fxDoc HANDLE OF Faxdocument.

CREATE Faxdocument OF FAXCOMEXLib
HANDLE IN fxDoc.

MODIFY fxDoc @submit("my-computer").
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] ActiveX Type Mismatch

Hm... Seems reasonable. See no immediate reason why it fail. You may have to report this with a reproduceable.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Milk5600 and gforseth -

I am getting the same type mismatch error after the successful fax submission. Is there any new information on this error?

Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Acucorp Support sent be the following reply:

Just wanted to let you know that I did some investigating on this issue and was able to reproduce your problem here. I've sent it back to Tech Support and they've changed the status to a product defect in the Acu runtime. This means that it's been submitted to Development for possible correction; however, it will probably be a low priority and may not get fixed any time soon.

I wasn't able to find a workaround for this -- i.e., calling the COM interface directly from ACUCOBOL. The only suggestion I have would be to write a stub program in Visual Basic and then call it from ACUCOBOL. I was able to write a simple standalone VB program that successfully uses the COM interface to the Windows Fax Service, so this should work

I also ended up writing a VB program that seems to work.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Milk5600 and gforseth -

Would you happen to have the bug id# associated with this runtime bug? I would like to follow up on this issue with Micofocus as I continue to use FAXCOMEXLib com object. I am temporarily modifing the declarative logic to not display the type mismatch error after a successful fax submission.

We have many end-users who are on unix with AcuConnect and I believe that we would be required to install the VB work around program on every client PC. Or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The incident number was 2196413, if that helps
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.