Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acu4gl And Sql 2008 Server Expresss

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 June 2010]

We have been doing development on XP, Windows 2000 and SQL server 2005 express using V 8.10 all is working just fine, when porting to 2008 server using SQL 2008 express I keep getting a 9D,17 when trying to initialize any files (9D,17 Access denied or can not find the server)

I used the same ms_inst.sql used in WIndows 2000 server, and WIn XP. The DB was created on the SQL 2008 express successfully.
Settings when we start the software:
Set variable 'SQLDB_FLG' to value 'Y'
Set variable 'SQLDB_TYP' to value 'MSSQL'
Set parameter '4GL_ILLEGAL_DATA' to 1
Set parameter 'XFD_DIRECTORY' to '4GLXFD'
Set parameter 'A_MSSQL_ADD_TIMESTAMP' to TRUE
Set parameter 'A_MSSQL_DATABASE' to 'pbsv12'
Set parameter 'A_MSSQL_LOCK_DB' to 'pbsv12'
Set parameter 'A_MSSQL_ADD_IDENTITY' to TRUE

After starting program to create a table in the DB

APOBJ\APDOSI.acu loaded
PATHFILE.DAT: read, key 0 (thread 775)
>>>key 0 = '00APCTLF '
Set variable 'APCTLF00_HOST' to value 'MSSQL'
Set parameter 'XFD_MAP' to 'APCTLF* = APCTLF'
>>>trying alias = APCTLF00
APCTLF00: open output with lock (thread 775)
>>>>trying APCTLF00
-->insert (0), assign_name: APCTLF00, filesystem: 1, external_name: APCTLF00
mssql_open 'APCTLF00', 197122, '0000000522,0000000522,001,0'
report_status called from 1175
[1] 08001 17 - [DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
[2] 01000 2 - [DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect()).
No more messages
Leaving, find_connection
>>>file status = 9D,17

I can see the DB (pbsv12) using SQL MGMT studio, so I know it is there, so I'm guessing its access denied.

Any ideas on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance;
Alex
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acu4gl And Sql 2008 Server Expresss

When using the SQL MGMT tool is that one the same machine SQL Server 2008 Express is? or is it on another machine.

When I installed SQL Server 2008 Express I could access it locally using SQL Server tools but could never get to it from a remote machine using any of the Microsoft tools.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acu4gl And Sql 2008 Server Expresss

The above issue was fixed by opening up port 1433, for both local and remote, thanks for your interest, once the port is opened this error disappears
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.