Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuBench enhancements

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 June 2005]

I've started this thread so that we (Acucorp) can get some ideas of the enhancements that our customers want to see in AcuBench. We have a lot of enhancement requests of record, and we need to prioritize them.

You should see an increase in AcuBench enhancements in the near future, so your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
0 Likes
21 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] AcuBench enhancements

Hi Marilyn, very brave of you to post this. 🙂

A few things I would like to see:

- Tabbed windows like VS.NET for quick open file navigation.

- A tool like AxDefTool, or the Object/Class Viewer in VS.NET to display heirarchal tree view and grid view of activex/com and .net def file classes and member properties and methods, enumerations and events.

- Drag and drop .NET control support(planned already?).

- Drag and drop Java Bean support(planned already?).

- Code outlining for expand and collapse(popular in VS.NET and SharpDevelop) of cobol division, section and paragraph in the code editor. Also, specially marked comment tags that define regions that can be outlined. (ie. VS.NET #region, #endregion)

- Context sensative help where pressing F1 while cursor is on an acucobol keyword will list all related help topics.

Plenty more I can't think of right now.

Can you tell I like Visual Studio.NET ? 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm just a brave kind of person 😄

Thank you, this is exactly the kind of input we need. I really appreciate your response.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

One more:

- ability to compile a program that is not part of a project.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would like the following :

- Display property of the Column Description in Column's setting to be variable
- Bitmap buttons with the ability to display text in any direction (left from -, right from -, beneith - or above bitmap)
- Panel Widths to be variable
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your posting. These 3 enhancements would be to the runtime, rather than to AcuBench (which can only offer what the runtime allows). However, I would be happy to pass them along to the development team. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

- Clicking the working storage gives us the data description entries. I would like the search option to work.
- Feature to use animated bitmaps in stead of bitmapstring
- Feature to use skinns
- Ability to use controls upon a bitmap
- Ability to say : DISPLAY FRAME1 - when doing so, it would display all the controls inside FRAME1 with there new values
(for now I use DISPLAY FORM1) - Runtime enhancement ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would like the Acubench editor to be enhanced not to insert a blank line at line 1999/2000 when loading a source module exceeding 2000 lines.

It does this whenever the source module is filled out to 80 columns for all lines, as is frequent when using ANSI format and the ID area in 73 - 80
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Alan;

This sounds like a bug, not a feature 🙂 Have you called technical support about this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We reported it several years ago as a bug and got absolutely nowhere with Acucorp support. So we have learned to live with it It is simply a nuisance and it would be nice to have it corrected.

BTW, if the code is over 4000 lines, the problem can occur at 4000 (& maybe 6000) also, but for some reason this occurance does not happen consistently as does the incidence at line 2000.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there.

I would like to be able to draw a box (similar to a frame) around controls on a screen - something that's ONLY decorative.

Secondly I would like to be able to right-justify text within a checkbox/ Radio button. We always right-justify our labels as they are all linked to a variable, and therefore screens look better if all the labels are right justified. Maby you can specify the size of the space between the box/button and the text? Pushing my luck?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Good suggestions. Thank you, I'll pass them on.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.