Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuCobol not "True" Windows

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 12 April 2004]

I have an accounting application written in AcuCobol. Many times people claim it is not "true" Windows. Are there any good articles anywhere that respond to such a charge? I have all graphical screens making use of all the window controls, looks like most other accounting window applications.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] AcuCobol not "True" Windows

Originally posted by Mike_Skeen
Many times people claim it is not "true" Windows. Are there any good articles anywhere that respond to such a charge? I have all graphical screens making use of all the window controls, looks like most other accounting window applications.

Now, that triggers me. But I need to have more information before I can provide something.

What I would need, are example of statements, e.g. what do they claim.

Their claim is most likely referring to one or multiple parts of your application, in which case I also need to know (e.g. see) what they are referring to. Hence, I might need a screen shot or two. These may of course be sent in private if you'd prefer that.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.