Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuGt Automation Controller

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 March 2003]

Im am running IIS web server and I am trying to use the ACUGT
Automation controller to call a cobol object with VBScript from
my html page, it all runs perfectly on the webserver, but
soon as I try to run from another machine, it does not work, it looks like the cobol program is trying to run locally and not on the
web server, Is there some way to specify that the program must
run on the web server and not the local client browser, another thing is the security settings which I have to set to very low for all this to work, any ideas
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] AcuGt Automation Controller

You should be using server side ASP code and not client side vbScript. The client side vbScript will always cause the runtime to try and execute on the client unless you specify the script to runat=server
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Dan
Thanks for the info I have done what you suggested but we are not very clued up on asp , what seems to happen now is that everything runs on the server and the display detail does not come back to the browser, I have attahed an example of what I am trying to do.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ian,
Try changing your input field HTML code to something like this:

This should insert the value of variable PEMPKEY1 into the HTML so that the browser can use it. You would do the same thing for the other input fields.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.