Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuODBC and MS Word

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 24 April 2008]

Hello
I created an ODBC dsn for a vision file using the AcuODBC driver. I can pull the records into MS Access 2003 with no problem, but I cannot pull records into MS Word 2003. I'm using the 'Open Data Source' button on the Mailmerge toolbar and trying to connect to a new data source, but I get the message "unable to obtain a list of tables from the data source". Has anyone here creating a mailmerge in word with a vision file?

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] AcuODBC and MS Word

I think this is a Microsoft thing... If you can access it from MS Query, it should work fine. In my experience, to use the method you want to use, you can create a ".dsn" file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\ODBC\Data Sources that tells it how to get there. The contents of the file would be something like:

[ODBC]
DRIVER=???
Description=???
Timeout=??
Port=??
Server=??

or something like that...

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We run a mail merge from our customer and supplier files (vision files). Is that what you want to do? If so I can give you the sources to help.
Keith
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, Kieth
I would greatly appreciate it!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.