Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Former Member Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuODBC on 64 bit Windows

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 27 October 2006]

Has anyone been able to get AcuODBC to work on a machine running Windows Server 2003 64 bit edition?

I have a customer that purchased a new server with Windows Server 2003 64 bit edition on it and they are trying to load AcuODBC 7.0 on it and it will not install correctly. All of the AcuODBC files get installed, but the AcuODBC Driver does not appear in the ODBC Data Source Administrator.

I manually went into the Windows registry and created an AcuODBC Driver key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI. I created all of the values that should be under the AcuODBC Driver key as well. I also created an ACUODBC DRIVER value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers with the value of "Installed".

Manually creating these keys and values made the AcuODBC Driver available in the ODBC Data Source Administrator. However, when I try to create a DSN, I get this error: "The setup routines for the ACUODBC DRIVER ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 193". When I click on OK to that error, I then get this error: "Could not load the setup or translator library".

I contacted tech support and was told that AcuODBC is not supported on 64 bit editions of Windows but that some customers have been able to get it to work but tech support would not say how those customers were able to make it work.

If anyone could tell me how they were able to get AcuODBC to work on 64 bit Windows, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.