Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuSQL, Postgres database problem

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 August 2008]

I used the sample program that connects to a database, creates table, inserts rows, updates a row and deletes a row.

I modified the program a little bit. I commented out the table creation part because I don't have permission.

After I compiled and ran the program, I found out that the program failed to do the INSERT. It gave me an error of SQLCODE = -1, SQLSTATE = 42000 and SQLERRMC = Attempt to execute nonexistent, unprepared or invalid statement SQLIST.

I commented out the INSERT part and inserted records mannually. I recompiled and ran again. This time the program was able to do SELECT and FETCH statements and it failed to do the UPDATE statement. I got the same error like above.

I commented out the UPDATE part and the program failed again at DELETE statement woth the same error message.

It looks like I only have ready-only permission.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Anthony Tran
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] AcuSQL, Postgres database problem

Your DBA needs to provide permissions. With only read permissions you can not create, insert, or delete, you can only fetch.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When I used the same user name and password, logged on to pgAdmin, ran the update or insert command and it worked.

Here is my code

MOVE "update ch_remit.customertest set c_info = 'Revised'
- "where c_number = 2"
to sql-statement

inspect sql-statement replacing trailing space by null

* declare cursor
exec sql
declare updtcursor cursor for user-query
end-exec

* prepare cursor
exec sql
prepare user-query from :sql-statement
end-exec

* open cursor
exec sql
open updtcursor
end-exec

IF SQLCODE
PERFORM ERROR-EXIT
END-IF

EXEC SQL
CLOSE updtcursor
END-EXEC

The error I got is SQLCODE = -1 SQLSTATE 42000 Attempt to execute nonexistent, unprepared or invalid statement updtcu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Are you delimeting your query correctly, such as:

STRING
"SELECT C_FIRST_NAME, C_LAST_NAME" delimited by size,
" FROM CUSTOMER" delimited by size,
" WHERE C_NUMBER >= ?" delimited by size
into
demo-query.

EXEC SQL
PREPARE QID FROM :DEMO-QUERY
END-EXEC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, I did

initialize sql-statement
string "update ch_remit.customertest set c_info = 'Revised'"
delimited by size
" where c_number = 2" delimited by size
into sql-statement
end-string

inspect sql-statement replacing trailing space by null

I still have the same error
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.