Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] AcuSQL or Acu4GL

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 April 2004]

Can anyone point me to a document that describes the reasons why I would choose to use AcuSQL or Acu4GL. I will be attempting to access an MS-SQL database from both a Windows system and a Linux system running AcuCobol 6x.

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] AcuSQL or Acu4GL

Hi Rick.

There currently is no white paper specifying the differences between Acu4GL or AcuSQL. But, I can provide the following summary for you, so that you can decide which product that you would want to use :

Acu4GL is a File System Interface that can be added to the Runtime, where you do not need to know how to program in SQL, instead the normal COBOL File I/O will open, read, write to the database instead of to the Vision file, and is controlled by configuration variable, so there is no need to change your application if all you want to do is, to change the function to store data in a database than to an existing Vision file.

AcuSQL is a embedded SQL preprocessor that allows you to code SQL inside of your COBOL code, so that you can explicitly code the SQL that will interface with the database data.

There is a Acu4GL or AcuSQL webinar coming up on March 19th, so please visit http://www.acucorp..com/events to find out more details on this event.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.