Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acubench Version 8 Slowing System

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 11 March 2009]

Is anyone having problems running ACUBench Version 8? I am running it on a windows XP Service Pack 3 with 4cpu 2.80GHz 2 gig ram.

What is happening is the longer I am in Bench V8 the slower my system gets. Eventualy I have to close Bench and I get all the speed back. Then I reopen Bench and it eventually slows down the system again. It gets noticable after about 30 min of use and within an hour I have to close and reopen the program. When I look at the task manager Bench is not using alot of Memory or CPU. This is the only program on the system that does it, in fact I also use Bench 7 and it works fine.

Thanks for any help.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acubench Version 8 Slowing System

Yeah, this happens to me also.

However, its only with quite a large project and in particular programs with lots of screens/controls.

When I look at task manager, its acubench which is taking a lot of memory.
I've never bother to follow up on it as as close down and reopen sort it for me.
Machine I'm using is - 1 .6Ghz dual core pentium, running XP SP2 with 2Gb ram.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks,

I have reduced the size of my project but the program I am working on does have 10 screens. I would figure if I only have 1 or 2 screens open at a time it shouldn't use too much memory. Problem is I don't think there is a way to convert a version 8 psf file back to version 7.

If anyone has solved this problem please let me know.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It really only does it with the large programs

There is no way back from version 8 to my knowledge.
We've always kept backups from V6.0 just for that very reason.

I could have sworn I had the same problem on V7.2, but I don't remember a problem prior to that though?
I think prior to that we were on 6.2 - but my memory isn't as good as it used to be nowadays.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.