Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acucobol 8.01.02 and color

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 April 2010]

My color option doesn't seem to work in version 8.01.02 with read-only fields?

Anybody any idea?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acucobol 8.01.02 and color

As of version 8.1 read-only entry fields were changed to conform to standard Windows behavior in that the background color is always gray regardless of the background color setting.

Try setting the configuration variable ECN_3699 to 0 which should allow you to change the behavior back to pre-8.1 behavior.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, that seems to work, as long as it isn't a 64-bit os.:)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is it not working for you on 64-bit Windows?

I tested on our 64-bit 2008 server using the 64-bit and 32-bit 8.1.2.1 runtimes with the config setting and it changed the background color on the read-only entry field to the BCKGRND-BLUE specification I had made (see attached test program compiled in debug).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.