Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acuconnect and Sun 9

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 20 July 2004]

Hi,

I have a site running acuconnect ver6.0 on sun9 64bit distributed computing,

The windows 98 machines all connect without a problem, but We cannot get any windows XP machines to work (connection failed)
We can ping the sun box, but the connection always fails, we are
running on dhcp which assigns the IP address, the same system is used on the 98 and the XP machines, Does anyone have any Ideas, We have check the firewall and try giving the machine a fixed ip address as well to no avail

Please help
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuconnect and Sun 9

I have never seen such a problem. We test this case here at Acucorp during our standard tests, so it must be something about your setup, but I wouldn't know what that would be. Sorry.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any firewalls running on the xp pc's?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Just as Dan mentioned, we've seen this problem before due to ZoneAlarm or other firewall software. I would temporarily disable this and then try and if it works, you can try to configure your firewall software to allow you to access AcuConnect.

Rob
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have tried disabling windows xp built in firewall, which was
the only firewall activated and it does not make any difference,
what I can see is that the acurcl does not pick up the XP machines
IP address or machine name to validate against the unix passwords, so we dont even get that far, any other ideas.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ian,

I know there was an issue with how the client machine name was derived that forced AcuCorp to change how this worked. Perhaps that difference is causing you some problems. Are you using a hosts file? Technical Support may be able to help here.

Rob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.