Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acuconnect functions, but unreliable

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 28 April 2004]

Dear Reader,

We use AcuConnect and everything functions, but we experience two problems, which subject does not show up in the documentation:

1) When a thin-client application is inactive, it stops running after 5 - 7 minutes. So I have it open on my desktop, then I e.g. have to check something on the Acucorp website, and when I want to return, I find out that the application is not there anymore. I seems to me there is a timeout problem. I'm checking the two TC-variables TC_CHECK_ALIVE_INTERVAL and TC_SERVER_TIMEOUT for this.

2) We have noticed that when lots of screen information has to be passed to the client, the system suddenly freezed in the middle of the screen update. It looks like a kind of overrun.

I miss information about these two subjects in the manuals, so I hope there is someone around who has more experience with AcuConnect and can tell more about these issues.

Ren
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.