Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[archive] Acuconnect with multiple NIC's

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 21 November 2007]

I have a customer Linux server that is running 3 NICs. It appears that acurcl will listen only to the first one listed in /etc/hosts when started. Unfortunately, the clients can be connecting through any of the NICs.

Looking through the acuconnect documentation, I have found a configuration variable SERVER_IP (SERVER_NAME also). This seems to imply that I will need to run three separate instances of acurcl, each with its own separate configuration files using this variable and a separate listening port (ACURCL_PORT).

I am looking to avoid this complexity due to fact that we remotely walk users through the setup of the client side, the eventual number of clients that will need to be set up, and the fact that the the person on the other side may have no idea what NIC they are connecting through (it may change if they are mobile).

Am I missing someway of simplifying this situation? In other words, can I run the acurcl one time on one port allowing all server IP's?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuconnect with multiple NIC's

Acurcl will only recognize and listen to one IP at a time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: [archive] Acuconnect with multiple NIC's

That's what I was gathering from the documentation. I am also gathering that, in order to make the server work with three NICs, I must run three instances of acurcl, each with its own unique listening port, configuration file, and SERVER_IP (or SERVER_NAME if in /etc/hosts). This complexity will make it harder for the support team to figure out acuconnect issues.

Now the trick will be in rewriting my scripts to handle multiple instances of acurcl. I have one script for starting acurcl and making sure it continued running. I have another one for showing info option in a ordered "more"-able format.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.